NEW YORK (Oct. 14, 2016) —The Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) has selected 10 Chapters to host PRSSA 2017 Regional Conferences. These conferences will be held across the country this upcoming winter and spring. Members who attend these conferences will have a chance to attend interactive workshops, expand their professional networks and gain industry insight from public relations professionals.
The PRSSA 2017 Regional Conferences are as follows:
- Penn State University — “Passport to PR,” Feb. 3–4, State College, Pa.
- Boston University — “PRAdvanced: What’s Your Story,” Feb. 24–25, Boston, Mass.
- Oklahoma University — “Find Your Passion SOONER,” Feb. 24–25, Norman, Okla.
- UNC-Chapel Hill and North Carolina A&T — “The Modern Public Relations Professional,” Feb 24–25, Chapel Hill, N.C.
- Utah Valley University — “PR Elevated: Aspiring to New Heights,” March 2–4, Orem, Utah.
- DePaul University — “PRpalooza,” March 3–4, Chicago, Ill.
- Loyola University, New Orleans — “Public Relations in Sports and Entertainment,” March 11–12, New Orleans, La.
- Grand Valley State University and Ferris State University — “Generation Grand: Experience PR in GR,” April 7–9, Grand Rapids, Mich.
- University of Nevada, Reno — “R.E.N.O.,” April 7–9, Reno, Nev.
- San Diego State University — “Dive Into the Ocean of PR,” April 14–15, San Diego, Calif.
“We were ecstatic to see so many strong bids with an even distribution across the country,” PRSSA Vice President of Regional Conferences Nicole Price said. “We have a combination of experienced returning Chapters mixed with new host Chapters who submitted equally as stunning bids.”
Regional Conferences are developed and executed entirely by the host Chapter. This makes it a unique learning experience for the Chapters that host, while providing valuable content to attendees. Each host Chapter highlights different facets of public relations. PRSSA Members are encouraged to find the Regional Conference they find most suitable.
For more information about PRSSA Regional Conferences, visit the website or contact PRSSA Vice President of Regional Conferences Nicole Price.